Thursday, February 12, 2009

Do you not see them?

So, does anyone have an extra pair of headphones? Mine still work ok, but I think for some reason they are invisible to the general public. For some reason, people ALWAYS want to strike up a conversation with me when I have headphones on. One of the worst times was when I was running at seriously, like 8.0 mph on the treadmill and the old man strolling next time thought it was an opportune time to discuss a political commercial on tv. I ignored him, but he didn't stop. I mean, it's not like they are flesh colored wires, or my hair is down and covering the ear buds. It happens at the gym, on the T, in the elevator at work. My question is, if people don't think I'm listening to music, what are they assuming those wires going into my ears are powering?

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean...Sometimes my car is invisible. People just do not see me and they attempt to occupy the same lane as me at the same time. I also know when my car is invisible becuase people will make left turns right in front of me and my invisible car as we are rushing through an intersection. Thank God my invisible brakes still work at times like this.

    ReplyDelete